Amidst a year of national change and uncertainty, staff and students worked with determination to achieve a very impressive set of examination results for summer 2017. The results below are provisional due to awaiting national data.
This is the first year that English Literature, English Language and Mathematics have been graded from 9-1 replacing the A*-G system and reflecting the academic rigour of the reformed GCSEs.
More information on new exam grading.
In August 2017, we achieved the following:
Revised Key Stage 4 Results – 25th January 2018
- Percentage of pupils achieving a standard pass in English and Maths: 60%
- Percentage of pupils achieving a strong pass in English and Maths: 39%
- Progress 8 score: -0.09
- Attainment 8 score: 42.1 (Grade C)
Percentage of pupils achieving the English Baccalaureate combination of subjects:
- Strong pass: 26% (Grade 5+ in English and Maths as well as Grade C+ in 2 Sciences and a language and History or Geography)
- Standard pass: 26% (Grade 4+ in English and Maths as well as Grade C+ in 2 Sciences and a language and History or Geography)
- Percentage of students entered for EBacc: 34%
Our highlights included:
- The average grade for English was a strong pass, grade 5
- 21% of students achieved 3 or more A*-A grades
- 25% of students achieved grades 7-9 in Mathematics
- Excellent results: Additional Science 89%, PE 82%, Media 77%, Chemistry 100%, Biology 100%, Physics 100%, Art 82%, RE 76%, Spanish 75%
Our top scholars with 8 or more A*/A grades:
Aliya • Daniel • Jayden • Julia • Nimo • Fathiya