More information on new exam grading.
In August 2018 our students achieved the following:
|Attainment 8 - average grade of the best 8||3.81|
|Progress 8||-0.08 this is in line with the national average|
|English and Maths 4+||49%|
|English and Maths 5+||26%|
|Students entered and achieving:|
|2 x Sciences 4+||45%|
|2 x Sciences 5+||21%|
*the official cohort used by the DfE is 95, but this includes 5 students who did not complete their Key Stage 4 at Arts and Media Islington; as a consequence they did not sit their final examinations. The data presented represents the 90 students for which we were able to make an impact.
- Our Progress 8 figure for these 90 students is in line with the national average at -0.08.
- 73 students were included in the Progress 8 calculation; students included in the calculation are those with Key Stage 2 data from Primary School.
- The official Progress 8 on the DfE Published data is -0.3.
- The official Progress 8 for the 95 students from the DfE Published data is -0.3.
- 78 students were included in the DfE Published data.
Individual Subject Results 2018
GCSE 9 – 1 results ( 4+, 5+ & 7+)
|Name||9 - 4 %||9 - 5 %||9 - 7 %|
|Science - Biology||82||53||18|
|Science - Chemistry||82||47||29|
|Science - Physics||77||59||24|
|Science Combined - Double Award||48||17||1|
GCSE A* – G Results
|Name||A* - C %||A* - B %||A* - A %|
|Design & Technology||53||20||7|
Percentage of pupils achieving the English Baccalaureate combination of subjects:
- Strong pass: 7% (Grade 5+ in English and Maths as well as in 2 Sciences and a language and History or Geography)
- Standard pass: 13% (Grade 4+ in English and Maths as well as in 2 Sciences and a language and History or Geography)
- Percentage of students entered for EBacc: 33%
Our highlights included:
- Excellent results for students achieving Grade 4+: Music 100%, PE 100%, French 92%, Chemistry 82%, Biology 82%, 70% of students achieved 4+ in English.
Our top scholars with 8 or more A*/A grades:
Race • Mazin • Kimberly • Syed • Ayse • Brandon • Max • Arham
Mazin achieved an incredible four Grade 9’s in Maths, Chemistry, Physics and Computer Science as well as an A* in DT and an A in Arabic.