At Arts and Media School Islington the ambition for our students is reflected in our vision ‘Every Child a Scholar’ and underpinned by our cornerstones: Confidence, Aspiration, Respect and Reflection.
AMSI Intent Statement
Our curriculum supports our vision and cornerstones through:
- Independent learners who develop their resilience through turning failures into successes.
- Opportunities to develop their voice and be heard as articulate communicators.
- Empowerment through opportunities available to them.
- Preparation of students for their future prospects through informed decision making processes.
- Ensures access to the curriculum through planned opportunities to access and develop academic literacy.
- Acknowledgment of the power of knowledge acquisition.
- Valuing the diversity and creativity of others whilst learning.
- Teaching and learning which is adapted to address misconceptions and integrate new knowledge.
- Tools to develop empathy and emotional intelligence.
In Key Stage 3 (Years 7, 8 & 9), students study English, Mathematics, Science, the Arts (Art, Dance, Drama, Media and Music), Humanities (History, Geography, Religious Education), a Modern Foreign Language (French or Spanish), Design Technology, ICT and Physical Education as well as PSHE (Personal, Social, Health and Economic education). Many students take GCSEs early which increases their motivation and self-belief.
In Key Stage 4 (Years 10 & 11), all pupils follow an academic core GCSE pathway and then have an enrichment of a choice of subjects from the Arts and Media field. 98% of our pupils go onto further education stuyding A-level at college.
If your child shows exceptional aptitude, we have a programme of extra provision for them. Further Details on the Most Able programme.