At Arts & Media School Islington we recognise and reward exceptional ability in academic and creative subjects by placing students on a Most Able Register which is coordinated by Mr. King who can be contacted on email@example.com for further information.
Criteria for identifying M.A. students:
- Fluency – able to generate a number of ideas/possible solutions
- Flexibility –able to apply a variety of categories or perceptions to the same problem or given task
- Curiosity –always probes, asks questions and searches for new understanding
- Elaboration –able to add to, or build on, an existing idea/concept
- Originality –able to create entirely new, unusual or very different ideas
- Complexity –able to produce intricate, multifaceted responses to set tasks
- Risk-taking –is courageous and tries new things without needing to be prompted
Opportunities for M.A. students:
- Working with departments to further strengthen and extend M.A. students in the classroom
- Termly M.A. breakfasts where students receive breakfast and have the opportunity to get to know other M.A. students, mentor one another and debate topics of interest
- Continuing to establish Partnerships with Top Universities, such as UCL & SOAS (School of African and Oriental Studies), where students have the opportunity to visit these Universities, take part in focused workshops and meet student ambassadors, who will give them a taste of University life and continue to boost their aspirations to aim high.
- As well as this we will be continuing our partnership with IntoUniversity, supporting our students to aim high and stimulating them through various workshops and university visits : http://www.intouniversity.org/