At Arts & Media School Islington we recognise and reward exceptional ability in academic and creative subjects by placing students on a Most Able Register which is coordinated by Mr. King who can be contacted on email@example.com for further information.
Criteria for identifying M.A. students:
A Most Able pupil should:
- Show exceptional aptitude or have the potential to excel in some aspect of performance, or
- Be capable of achieving a Level 7 by the end of KS3 in your subject, or
- Potentially achieve an A/A* at GCSE or equivalent in your subject, or
- Show exceptional insight into your subject.
For 2016/2017 this criteria is applicable over 3 subjects!
Opportunities for M.A. students:
- Working with departments to further strengthen and extend M.A. students in the classroom
- Termly M.A. breakfasts where students receive breakfast and have the opportunity to get to know other M.A. students, mentor one another and debate topics of interest
- Continuing to establish Partnerships with Top Universities, such as UCL & SOAS (School of African and Oriental Studies), where students have the opportunity to visit these Universities, take part in focused workshops and meet student ambassadors, who will give them a taste of University life and continue to boost their aspirations to aim high.
- As well as this we will be continuing our partnership with IntoUniversity, supporting our students to aim high and stimulating them through various workshops and university visits : http://www.intouniversity.org/