At Arts & Media School Islington we are committed to communicating with our parents regularly and comprehensively. We have four electronic means of communication to ensure information reaches you in a timely manner, but of course we always telephone and have plenty of opportunities throughout the year for conversation and all information is loaded up to the website accessible through the parent drop down on the menu bar.
Parents receive communications from school mainly via a text system,
- Parents evenings
- Notices for your year group
- Notice of bad weather closures
- Revision sessions for your child….and so much more
If you have any trouble getting the Call Parent text messages, please contact our welfare administrator Devi Stephenson.
Our school app, MyEd, is free to download on the App Store for Apple users and the Play Store for Android users.
This application is the most efficient way of two way communication open to us as a school and parents.
You are able to:
- Report your child’s absence
- Communicate via email with the HOY and other key staff members.
- See attendance and behaviour data for your child
- See Term dates and key events and add these to your personal calendar
- See relevant school information such as policies.
- Receive instant notifications via push message regarding concerns, urgent information.
- Complete trip forms and other details the school requires at a touch of a button.
- Access Parent Pay
- Help us to help the developer in enabling this app to become a one stop shop – what would you like to see, what could be done better!
Once you have downloaded the app, you should be able to see your own child.
- Please choose your child.
- Please test the app out.
- Please search through to see if you can see their attendance reports etc.
This is fairly new to us as it is to you, but together with your commitment to communication this will work.
- Your comments are always welcomed.
ParentPay is our online service where you can pay for school meals, text books etc.
Given the option, most parents prefer to pay online at a time that suits them. With ParentPay they don’t need to queue up at the school office with cash or expect their child to carry envelopes to school with consent forms and money.
A good backup system is our Twitter account which we use to keep in touch with parents with news, parents evenings, upcoming events or website updates.
Our Twitter account was particularly useful during the bad weather conditions of 2018 when the amount of sudden traffic to the school websites of Islington crashed the services. We were still able to send out information to our Twitter followers.
You can follow us on @AMSI_school