To keep you informed about this important year for the Year 9 students, we have compiled a list of key dates relating to the options process.
Students will have assemblies from January 10th onwards where Heads of Faculty talk to the cohort about their subject as an option.
- 7th March – students make their provisional option choices and take their forms home for discussions with their parents.
- 9th March – Students return their signed forms to the school.
- 13th March – Provisional Option Choice lists to subject leads
- 14th March – Year 9 Options Information Evening – this is an event where Heads of Faculty are available to discuss course content with parents and respond initial queries.
- 15th March – 26th March – Options Mentoring; students meet with Options Mentors to discuss their options and complete their Option Form. The Option Form is then taken home and once again discussed with parents.
- 27th March – Parents’ Evening/ Written Reports issued. During this time parents are encouraged to meet with the teachers from the chosen options as a priority. At the end of the evening after discussion with teachers and having read the report the signed options form is returned to school.
- 27th April – students are notified about their option choices.