To keep you informed about this important year for the Year 9 students, we have compiled a list of key dates relating to the options process.
Students will have assemblies from January 9th onwards where Heads of Subject talk to the cohort about their subject as an option.
Year 9 SIMS marksheets have a column for ‘Suitable for KS4’ to add teacher voice to the assessments that are used.
- 26th February – students make their provisional option choices and take their forms home for discussions with their parents.
- 4th March – Students return their signed forms to the school.
- 10th March – Provisional Option Choice lists to subject leads
- 12th March – Year 9 Options Information Gathering Evening. Please refer to the Options Booklet 2019/20 prior to attending so that you can get the most out of the evening. Heads of Subject will be available to answer any questions you have about their courses. Please note this is not an evening for individual consultations; you will be able to talk to teachers about your child on 26th March.
- 13th March – 25th March – Options Mentoring; students meet with Options Mentors to discuss their options and complete their Option Form. The Option Form is then taken home and once again discussed with parents.
- 26th March – Parents’ Evening. During this time, parents are encouraged to meet with the teachers from the chosen options as a priority. At the end of the evening, after discussion with teachers the signed options form is returned to school.
- 22nd May – students and parents are notified about the option allocations.