At Arts and Media School Islington the ambition for our students is reflected in our vision ‘Every Child a Scholar’ and underpinned by our cornerstones: Confidence, Aspiration, Respect and Reflection.
AMSI Intent Statement
Our curriculum supports our vision and cornerstones through:
- Independent learners who develop their resilience through turning failures into successes.
- Opportunities to develop their voice and be heard as articulate communicators.
- Empowerment through opportunities available to them.
- Preparation of students for their future prospects through informed decision making processes.
- Ensures access to the curriculum through planned opportunities to access and develop academic literacy.
- Acknowledgment of the power of knowledge acquisition.
- Valuing the diversity and creativity of others whilst learning.
- Teaching and learning which is adapted to address misconceptions and integrate new knowledge.
- Tools to develop empathy and emotional intelligence.
In Key Stage 3 (Years 7, 8 & 9), students study English, Mathematics, Science, the Arts (Art, Dance, Drama and Music), Humanities (History, Geography, Religious Education), a Modern Foreign Language (French or Spanish), Design Technology, Computer Science and Physical Education as well as PSHE (Personal, Social, Health and Economic education).
In Key Stage 4 (Years 10 & 11), all pupils follow an academic core GCSE pathway and then have an enrichment of a choice of subjects from the Arts and Media field. A majority of our pupils go onto further education studying A-level at college.
If your child shows exceptional aptitude, we have a programme of extra provision for them. Further Details on the Most Able programme.