You may have seen in the news that the government has announced a staggered return for pupils at the start of next term.
Monday 4th January will be a remote learning day for all students – the school itself will be closed to students. From Tuesday 05 January, school will be open for Priority Students (those considered to be vulnerable or the children of key workers (if your child falls into this category, you have previously been notified). All other students will be undertaking remote learning.
From Monday 11 January, we will welcome the following students back onsite:
- Year 11 Students, who will be beginning their mock examinations.
- Priority Students (those considered to be vulnerable or the children of key workers (if your child falls into this category, you have previously been notified).
We will offer remote learning to all other pupils during this week. A separate letter will outline expectations for remote learning in order to maximise learning.
We intend to welcome all pupils back to school for face-to-face education on the week commencing 18 January, but this will be subject to further instruction from the government.
This is to give us time to establish a COVID-19 testing system within the school. Here’s what we know so far about the rapid testing programme recently announced by the government:
- Pupils who are identified as a close contact of someone who’s tested positive will be eligible
- All staff will be eligible
- While testing will be optional, we’ll strongly encourage staff and pupils to take part
- We will not ask your child to participate in testing without their consent (or yours, as appropriate)
- Those pupils returning to school first will be offered testing first
- If someone tests negative, they’ll still need to follow our social distancing and hygiene measures.
- If someone tests positive, we’ll ask them to self-isolate in line with government guidance
As soon as our protocol has been created we will let you know via the usual channels of communication.
Thank you so much for your continued support as we respond to this evolving situation. Should there be any changes to these plans we will let you know.
We look forward to welcoming your child back to school next term in line with the dates above.
Kind regards and keep safe.