Arts and Media School plans to introduce a Chromebook Scheme for students to enhance the teaching and learning experience. We believe that using Chromebooks will empower our students to become well informed, responsible digital citizens and lifelong learners. Once our students have access to their own devices, we firmly believe the scheme will bring enormous educational benefits.
We are able to purchase the Chromebooks at a greatly reduced price. This has allowed us to offer the Chromebook for you to buy at a substantially discounted price of £145. This can be paid in a single one off payment or via monthly instalments. Once purchased, the Chromebook is your property and will continue after your child has left the school. They have a very long life span.
- Purchase the Chromebook as a one off payment – £145
- Repayment Scheme of £45 deposit and 10 x £10 monthly
Chromebooks are built for use in schools and are very robust machines. We are providing an on-site repair service for Chromebooks purchased as part of the AMSI School Chromebook Scheme. This service will continue for the duration your child is at AMSI. If the Chromebook is still under warranty we will arrange repairs/replacement as necessary. Any faults that are not covered by warranty can be repaired inhouse for the cost of parts without invalidating the warranty.
If the device cannot be fixed on site then we will arrange any repairs or replacements as necessary. Chromebooks are covered by a one year manufacturer warranty and any faults to machines will be fixed free of charge. Any faults not covered by the warranty or outside the warranty period will be arranged by AMSI technicians and families will need to cover the cost of these repairs or replacement.
AMSI will not offer to insure the devices for loss, damage or theft. You should check the cover terms of your household insurance as this may cover devices in and out of your home. Some packaged bank accounts also come with ‘gadget’ insurance included.
Every Chromebook will be managed and monitored by the school whilst the device is on the school domain.
Why has the school opted for Chromebooks?
Students need to be prepared for an increasingly digital world. Research has confirmed that good home access to technology has a positive impact on a child’s educational achievements; it often motivates them to do schoolwork by providing more interesting and engaging ways to learn. Student work is often better presented so their self-esteem grows and they can explore subjects that interest them in their own time.
Chromebooks are extremely easy to use and facilitate both independent study and online collaboration whilst also offering high levels of security and eSafety. Through the use of G Suite for Education we can further improve student engagement, and open the door to learning. The Chromebooks with the management console ensure that all students are able to access all of the same resources and applications, wherever they are in the world and enable teachers to deliver the curriculum in the most exciting, engaging and effective way.
- Less than 8 seconds to boot up
- Long battery life
- Simple technology
- Easy student-teacher workflow
- Large numbers of computers can be managed centrally
- Excellent collaboration tools
- Works seamlessly with Google Apps for Education and other cloud based applications which all of our students and teachers already use extensively.
Chromebooks and G Suite for Education
- AMSI already uses G Suite for Education so staff and students are familiar with some of its functions. Students will be able to use:
- Gmail – school wide email system
- Drive – Store and organise assignments, documents, or class curriculum securely and access them from any device.
- Calendar – Share calendars or create a joint calendar with members of your class to easily keep track of schedules and deadlines.
- Docs, Sheets and Slides – Collaborate, share feedback, and work together with your students in real time on documents, spreadsheets, and presentations.
- Google Classroom – Create assignments, communicate with students, and send feedback all from one place.
- Google Meet – Connect with students virtually through secure video calls and messaging to keep learning going outside of school.
- Forms – Create Forms, Quizzes, and surveys to collect and analyse responses with the help of machine learning.