The department of education in agreement with most Mobile Phone suppliers have agreed to offer students an increase in mobile data until 31 July 2021.
Who can get help?
This scheme is open to children and young people in years 3 to 11 who:
- do not have access to a fixed broadband connection (the request may be unsuccessful if the account holder also has broadband)
- cannot afford the additional data needed to access educational resources
- have access to a mobile device that uses a participating network
- are facing disruption to their face-to-face education
In order for Arts and Media to request extra mobile data for our students, we require information about your mobile contracts. Please complete the form attached with your details.
Those affected by the offer need to understand how we’ll use their personal information.
Share the following privacy statement with:
- the adult account holder for the mobile device
- the parent or carer of the person benefiting from the offer, if they’re under 13
- the person benefiting from the offer, if they’re 13 or over
Privacy statement – click on the link to view the privacy statement.
What is on offer
What data someone will get depends on their mobile network. Some networks cannot offer data to Pay-as-you-go (PAYG) customers.
You will get to know:
- if there is an offer they can use (or if there is no offer available)
- the details of that offer
- that they’ll receive a text message when their free data has been activated
- when their free data will end
- that this data can be used when tethering a mobile phone to another device for internet access
If you require any further information, please email email@example.com
Please complete the form by 12 February 2021.