Dear Parents and Carers,
RE: COVID-19 related absence – Quarantine and Isolation Procedures
In order to keep our community safe and minimise the risk of infection, we would ask parents to abide by the following rules if their child or anyone in their household exhibits any of the symptoms of COVID-19, or if anyone in your household is contacted by NHS test and trace:
- Do not send your child into school – report the absence as normal. Let us know the symptoms that your child is experiencing. The number is as follows 0207 281 5511 ext 1027.
- Seek medical advice – ideally get a COVID-19 test as soon as possible.
- If your child’s COVID-19 test comes back negative, they may return to school – you must provide us with evidence of the negative test in advance.
- If you are unable to get a test, your child must isolate for 14 days from when they or the person in your household first exhibited symptoms.
- You must let us know the day before your child is due to come back to school. On that day they should attend wearing a face covering and report to reception with evidence of the negative test (if not already provided).
Even if your child feels better, we must insist that you follow the protocol laid out above. Work will be provided for your child and their absence will be authorised. If you send your child to school without letting us know in advance and/or before the end of the 14 day isolation period, we will have to reluctantly send your child home.
Working together, we can minimize the risks of COVID-19 and help to keep all members of our community safe.
Please contact the school’s Welfare Team on the above number if you need further advice.
Thank you for your ongoing support.