Daily Student Attendance Register
Re: Remote Learning Protocols
At Arts and Media School, we are committed to providing continuity of education to our learners and will do so through a process of remote (online) learning. Staff will be delivering remote lessons during this period of closure. Both students at home and vulnerable students on site will access this.
Remote Learning Dates:
- Years 7 to 11 will follow remote learning guidance from the 4 January 2021.
We intend to welcome all pupils back to school for face-to-face education subject to further instruction from the government.
Parents could you please:
- Encourage and support your children’s work, including finding an appropriate place to work, checking that set work is completed and ensuring they have some structure to the working day: start and finish times and appropriate breaks.
- Contact the pupil’s tutor/teacher if there are any concerns.
- Use the guides for how to access Google Apps (GMail, Classroom, etc.) on the school website.
Please ensure students follow the advice below during this period of school closure.
- Students should retain the structure to their working day. That means they should follow their lessons on their school timetables. Staff will be available during these times to assist students.
- Students must log on each day to Google Classroom and complete the work set by teachers. When they have finished the work, it should be submitted via Google Classroom or the learning platform being used for the lesson e.g. Maths Watch, Educake, etc.
- Students must communicate with their subject teachers or Head of Year if they are having difficulties with accessing the work.
- If a student needs support, they should contact their teachers through Google Classroom or via email..
- All communication with teachers must be polite and respectful.
- At the end of the day students will complete an Engagement Register. Use the link below.
- Engagement Register
- Independent Learning Booklets have been sent to students by their school emails. This is to supplement the learning resources already provided on Google Classroom.
If you have any questions relating to this matter or require any additional information,
please contact the school via our usual email address: firstname.lastname@example.org