To support our Year 9 students, think about career ideas and support them in making their Option choices to study in KS4, 16 of our students spent the day at SKANSKA 20-22 Ropemaker project office, based in Moorgate, with a range of professionals learning about the various roles within the construction industry.
They met with those in project development, planning, management as well as Health & Safety and skilled operatives. Students had the opportunity to observe the build from a viewing station and also experience Health & Safety training via 4D visual visors. Students heard about different career paths and asked questions to further understand the opportunities available in the ever-growing sector of Construction.
Arts & Media School Islington thank SKANSKA for ensuring that students gained as much as they could from the day and the time the company invested in career education.
Some student comments:
- “I am now aware that construction doesn’t just involve bricklaying”
- “I never really thought much about going into Architecture but now it is a possibility”
- “I know what kind of jobs roles there are in making buildings”
- “I learned how to get a job in construction without going to University”
- “I learned about the different coloured hats”
- “I learned that Health & Safety is most important”
- “It was educational and enjoyable” “I have enjoyed today”