It is with regret that we will have to cancel our Primary School transition day on 01 July. With the postponement of the final set of lockdown restrictions, the Department for Education has said that traditional taster days cannot go ahead as planned.
We understand that the young people will be disappointed, so wanted to let you know what we will be doing to aid transition from primary school for our new cohort of students.
- Your child’s new Head of Year, Mr Thompson will make contact with every family within the next couple of weeks. If you have not yet received a call, expect him to call in the coming weeks. If it is inconvenient to talk at that time, he can arrange a mutually beneficial time.
- Each student will be sent home an AMSI transition booklet, which will give them lots of information about the school, and activities for them to complete over the Summer. We would ask the students to bring these in on their first day at AMSI.
- Friday 03 September will be a Headstart Day for the new Year 7 cohort – they will be the only year group in school, so will have the opportunity to familiarise themselves with the staff and the routines of the school in advance of the rest of the school community.
- Key staff will be conducting virtual/physical visits to Primary Schools to meet with the students attending AMSI, and answer any questions that they may have.
- We will be posting a series of videos from key personnel outlining the way in which we do things at AMSI, so that at least we will be familiar faces! Here we have a virtual tour of school that we put together last year for the new Year 7s. It will give you an idea of the layout of the school, the main difference being that Mr Morgan-Thompson will be the Head of Year 7 in September 2021:
Should there be any issues, please do not hesitate in contacting the following key staff via email.
General Queries – Joleen Davis – Admissions Officer – email@example.com
SEND Queries – Angella Harris – SENCO – firstname.lastname@example.org
Pastoral Queries – Dexter Morgan-Thompson – Head of Year 7 – email@example.com
We look forward to meeting you all very soon.