GCSE Options Evening 25 February 5.30-6.30
Join us for a virtual presentation on the GCSE Options process for students going into Year 10 in September 2021.
Ahead of the event, please watch the video presentations on the overall process, careers information, advice and guidance and the specific subject information.
The live event will consist of a brief presentation from key staff followed by live drop in sessions where Heads of Faculty will answer any questions you might have about the course. Simply click the link to join the session at any point during the evening.
Please make sure that your computer is muted, and if you have any questions, please type them into the chat box and the teacher will address it.
Links for options evening drop ins
- Introduction – https://meet.google.com/kwm-yzvv-jib?hs=122&authuser=0
- Dance – https://meet.google.com/mka-ftva-ibq?hs=122&authuser=0
- PE – https://meet.google.com/jug-gfzx-tod?hs=122&authuser=0
- MFL – https://meet.google.com/vrv-ytnk-pzh?hs=122&authuser=0
- History – https://meet.google.com/ebw-ssos-smc?hs=122&authuser=0
- Geography – https://meet.google.com/oja-qbia-pxc?hs=122&authuser=0
- RE – https://meet.google.com/hhe-qzte-eef?hs=122&authuser=0
- Media – https://meet.google.com/htq-mqib-boz?hs=122&authuser=0
- Sociology – https://meet.google.com/fxo-kwws-hej?hs=122&authuser=0
- Computer Science – https://meet.google.com/uht-aixn-oyk?hs=122&authuser=0
- DT – https://meet.google.com/zmx-krvu-zkg?hs=122&authuser=0
- Art – https://meet.google.com/dfg-necs-qcr?hs=122&authuser=0
- Music – https://meet.google.com/csa-ifgx-aeh?hs=122&authuser=0
- Drama – https://meet.google.com/zrr-tizy-crj?hs=122&authuser=0
- Support Pathway Email: email@example.com
Options Process Explained
To keep you informed about this important year for the Year 9 students, we have compiled a list of key dates relating to the options process.
Options Assemblies 2020/21
|6th January 2021||Year 9 assembly - Introduction to the Options Process JST||JST|
|13th January 2021||Choosing your option subjects Talk 1: P.E and Dance||PPn & ASt|
|27th January 2021||Choosing your option subjects Talk 2: Humanities, MFL||AKn, ICa, THO, OWA|
|3rd February 2021||Choosing you Option subjects Talk 3: Media Studies, Art, Music, Drama||SNa, MBr, JDo, LHa|
|10th February 2021||Choosing your Option subjects Talk 4: D&T, Computer Science & Sociology||DBe, ANa, DMc|
|24th February 2021||Talk 5: Core subjects at GCSE||MTa, RDa, EAc|
Options Guidance for Mentors by 26th February
Students will have assemblies from January 9th onwards where Heads of Subject talk to the cohort about their subject as an option.
- 13th January – students make their provisional option choices via Google Form by 12/2/21.
- 25th February – Year 9 Options Information Gathering Evening. Please refer to the Options Booklet 2020/21. Heads of Subject will be available online to answer any questions you have about their courses. Please note this is not an evening for individual consultations. If you require to discuss any individual concerns about your child, please contact the teacher directly.
- 25th February – 17th March – Options Mentoring; students will have a virtual meet with Options Mentors to discuss their options and complete an options form. This will be shared with the student so they can discuss their choices at home.
- 17th March – Parents’ Evening. This will be a phone call from a teacher that knows your child. They will talk you through the data in the report and will be able to discuss and concerns with you.
- 24th May – Students and parents will be notified about their option allocations via the MyEd app.