To keep you informed about this important year for the Year 9 students, we have compiled a list of key dates relating to the options process.
Options Assemblies 2020/21
|9th Jan 2021||Year 9 assembly - Introduction to the Options Process JST||Ms Stubbs|
|13th Jan 2021||Choosing your option subjects Talk 1: P.E and Dance||Mr Errington & Ms Stephanou|
|27th Jan 2021||Choosing your option subjects Talk 2: Humanities, MFL||Mr King, Mr Castillo, Mr Hogarth & Mr Wallen|
|3rd Feb 2021||Choosing you Option subjects Talk 3: Media Studies, Art, Music, Drama||Ms Narayanan, Mr Brotherhood, Mr Dow & Ms Harris|
|13th Feb 2021||Choosing your Option subjects Talk 4: D&T, Computer Science & Sociology||Mr Bethell, Mr Naidoo & Mr McLoughlin|
|26th Feb 2021||Talk 5: Core subjects at GCSE||Ms Taqvi, Ms Dattani & Ms Ackerley|
Options Guidance for Mentors by 26th February
Students will have assemblies from January 9th onwards where Heads of Subject talk to the cohort about their subject as an option.
- 10th February – students make their provisional option choices via Google Form by 12/2/21.
- 25th February – Year 9 Options Information Gathering Evening. Please refer to the Options Booklet 2020/21 prior to attending so that you can get the most out of the evening. Heads of Subject will be available to answer any questions you have about their courses. Please note this is not an evening for individual consultations; you will be able to talk to teachers about your child on 17th March.
- 25th February – 17th March – Options Mentoring; students meet with Options Mentors to discuss their options and complete their Option Form. The Option Form is then taken home and once again discussed with parents.
- 17th March – Parents’ Evening. During this time, parents are encouraged to meet with the teachers from the chosen options as a priority. At the end of the evening, after discussion with teachers the signed options form is returned to school.
- 24th May – students and parents are notified about their option allocations.